Poster/Artefact Presentation Guidelines
For those wishing to deliver a Poster Presentation at the Irish History Students’ Association, Annual Conference 2016, you must agree to the following criteria:
- The poster may be no larger than a maximum A0 in size in total (841 mm x 1189 mm).
- The overall presentation may be comprised of smaller sheets (A4/A3/A2) joined or mounted on a larger backing sheet.
- The poster will be attached to display boards using adhesive Velcro pads or tacks (if you require some please notify us in advance). Bearing this in mind it is your requirement as creator to ensure that your work will not be damaged when it is mounted.
- Any text used in the poster must be typed/printed not handwritten.
- Photographs and visual aids are strongly encouraged as opposed to all text.
- Posters may incorporate other interactive elements (e.g. QR codes/website urls ), subject to prior approval at abstract stage.
- Those wishing to present a poster must submit an abstract and biographical note as per written papers, but do not necessarily have to submit their poster by the close of Call for Papers if they are still working on it.
- All posters must be accompanied by a short presentation, which may take the form of an abridged academic paper or an informal presentation of the poster itself.
- The use of colour is strongly encouraged.
- Posters and information contained on it should be of a high academic standard and should be treated as an extension of the traditional conference paper. IHSA 2016 Poster Criteria 06 November 2015.
- Your name, institutional affiliation (where applicable), title of presentation and contact details must be incorporated into or affixed to your poster.
- You must cite references and images used appropriately.
- You must be attend to present your own work.
As always the organisers’ decision is final and binding.